Peptamen Powder – Who should take it?
Peptamen Powder – Who should take it?
Peptamen powder is designed for people who are unable to digest normal foods and yet unable to tolerate a standard tube feeding formula. These users may suffer from malabsorption issues, impaired gastro-intestinal function, impaired recovery and feeding intolerance. Where normal nutrient formula is not readily absorbed, Peptamen powder can be an alternate source.
Peptamen powder has unique ingredients such as enzymatically hydrolyzed whey protein and low fat as it contains 70% of fat that is medium chain triglycerides that the body can absorb nutrients and energy more readily. It is 100% whey protein, which nitrogen from the 100% whey protein is well tolerated, absorbed and utilised. This peptide-based diet rich in MCT oil, and provides complete nutrient in easily absorbed for patient with malabsorption problems. It is also lactose and gluten free.
- Peptamen powder suitable for oral eating or tube-feeding?
- It can be use for normal oral eating or tube feeding, either as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplement.
- Is peptamen Halal?
- Yes, peptamen is halal. Peptamen for Singapore is manufactured by Abbott Laboratories is certified to be halal.
- Malabsorption/Maldigestion including: Pancreatitis; Chronic diarrhoea; Short Bowel Syndrome; Steatorrhoea; Gut atrophy; malabsorption associated with HIV/AIDS.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Protein source 100% whey protein
- Hydrolysed, peptide-based feed (99% peptides and 1% free amino acid)
- Contains 70% of fat as MCT
- Lactose and Gluten free
- Suitable for oral feeding or tube feeding
- Suitable as sole source of nutrition
- Halal certified
- DOSAGE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Use as directed by Health Care Professional for oral supplement or enteral tube feed. 250 ml Peptamen = 6 scoops (55g) + 210ml water 1000 ml Peptamen = 25 scoops (220g) + 840 ml water
- Maltodextrin, whey protein hydrolysate (milk), sucrose, medium chain triglycerides, potato starch, soya oil, soya lecithin, calcium carbonate, sodium phosphate, magnesium chloride, choline bitartrate, vanilla flavour, potassium phosphate, sodium ascorbate, magnesium citrate, L-carnitine, taurine, calcium phosphate, nicotinamide, DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, zinc sulphate, ferrous sulphate, calcium-D-pantothenate, manganese sulphate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper sulphate, retinyl acetate, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid, D-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, phylloquinone, cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin.
Peptamen (powder 430g) Nurtitional Analysis UOM per 100 g per 1000 ml (220g powder) Energy kJ 1910 4180 Protein g 18,5 40,5 Carbohydrate g 57,2 125,3 Fat g 18 39,4 Total fibre g 0 0 Vit A IU 1800 4000 Vit D IU 130 280 Vit E IU 13 28 Vit K μg 23 50 Vit C mg 64 140 Folic Acid μg 250 540 Vit B1 (Thiamine) mg 0,91 2 Vit B2 (Riboflavin) mg 1,1 2,4 Vit B6 mg 1,8 4 Vit B12 μg 3,6 8 Niacin mg 13 28 Pantothenic Acid mg 6,4 14 Sodium mg 365 800 Potassium mg 580 1270 Chloride mg 467 1020 Calcium mg 370 810 Phosphorus mg 325 710 Magnesium mg 186 407 Copper mg 0,64 1,4 Zinc mg 6,4 14 Iron mg 5,5 12 Selenium μg 18,6 41 Chromium μg 18 40 Molybdenum μg 55 120 Manganese μg 1235 2700 Iodine μg 46 100 Biotin μg 180 400 Choline mg 210 450 Taurine mg 36 80 Carnitine mg 36 80
- USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION. Not suitable for children below 10 years of age. Not for parenteral use. Halal Certified YES, Gluten Free YES, Soy ingredients YES, Milk ingredients YES. Please do consult your doctor or nutritionist adviser as each user may have different unique situation.
- You can get Peptamin powder here
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?