There are so many different types of thermometers out there, from contactless digital infrared forehead thermometers to digital pencil thermometers, ear thermometers, etc. What are the advantages of different types?
- Contactless Infrared Thermometers (measures forehead)
- Ear Thermometer (measure internal ear)
- Pencil Thermometers (measures orally, under the armpit, or in the anus)
What temperature is a fever considered?
What is a non-contact or contactless infrared thermometer?
How does a non contact infrared thermometer work?
Are non-contact infrared forehead thermometers accurate?
What is the best non contact thermometer? What medical thermometers do hospitals use?
Can thermometers be wrong?
How do I reset my digital thermometer? Do Infrared thermometers need to be calibrated?
How do I check my temperature with an infrared thermometer?
- Sweep away any hair covering the forehead.
- Aim the sensor of the thermometer to the human forehead
- Press the button or trigger and wait for a few seconds for the temperature to be displayed.
Is an infrared thermometer safe?Yes, it is safe as the sensor is taking a measurement of IR energy emitting from your body. The thermometer does not emit anything outwards and has no impact on humans.
What are digital pencil thermometers?These are named pencil thermometers as they are of similar size and shape of a pencil. They are designed such that you can take the temperature in 3 ways.
- renal (via anus)
- orally (via the mouth) OR
- under the armpit
How do take temperature orally?
- Do not consume water or food for 15 minutes before taking temperature orally
- Slide the pencil thermometer under the tongue.
- If it is a digital thermometer, press once to start the temperature taking
- Wait for 20 – 60 seconds for the temperature to be registered. Even after a beep sound, you may want to hold for another 20 – 60 seconds for a more accurate measurement.
Can I measure my temperature with a liquid mercury thermometer?No, as mercury is extremely poisonous, we strongly encourage everyone not to ever use a liquid mercury thermometer.
Where to buy thermometers?In Singapore currently, thermometers are still available, though it may be out of stock at various branches of Watson or Guardian or Owell. You can still buy thermometers online with shipping in 1-2 days.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?