Is your loved one suffering from skin-picking? Do you experience patients who disrupt medical treatment by pulling at their IV line/catheter? or are prone to self-injury? Are you looking for mitts gloves for Alzheimer’s patients?
Washable, Breathable Velcro Finger Control Mitts
Disorders like skin picking or an incident where “a person rips out IV tubes form their body” are very common with dementia patients. Most dementia patients indulge in self-harming activities like skin picking, cutting themselves with sharp objects, biting their nails till it bleeds, etc. Such a response arises out of frustration.
Gently retraining their hands with the help of mitts or gloves can calm down an Alzheimer’s patient. Mitts are soft and cushy. These gauntlets act as a barrier between the patient’s fingernails and the rest of their body. Instead of releasing the pent up energy by hurting themselves, patients can now learn how not to obey their urges.
- soft & lightweight design
- velcro wrist strap – easy to put on and take off
- a flat piece that stops patients from bending their fingers
- breathable and washable materials
Velcro wrist straps
Mitts can be difficult to put on sometimes, and they may also fall off the patient’s hand in the middle of the night. Make sure you are getting the ones with an adjustable band that can be tightened up to a point where the patient doesn’t feel uncomfortable and it doesn’t obstruct the blood flow.
A flat piece inside blue surface
The mitts are designed with a flat piece inside the blue surface that helps to stop the patient from bending their fingers. After a while, the patients get conditioned to the new hand position and don’t feel the urge to pick things up.
Breathable and Washable
The mitts do not come with finger separators that may cause uncomfortable to the patient. It can be washed and cleaned without any issue. You may wash them with the detergent and water
Indications for using finger control mitts
You may need the mitt if the patient is assessed to be at the risk of
- disrupting life-saving treatments
- line pulling which may prevent monitoring of vital signs
- picking, pulling, scratching, or peeling exacerbates a skin condition, caused self-injury, or compromises wound site integrity
- Mitts are properly secured. If applied too tightly, circulation will be restricted; if applied too loosely, the patient may be able to slip his or her limb from the device
- Hand mitts for elderly are intact, not torn or damaged, and hook and loop closes securely
- The patient cannot use his or her teeth or otherwise remove the device and inflict self-injury
- material: Mesh / Foam
- one Size Fits Most
- set of 2pcs
Protect your loved one, PURCHASE NOW!
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.