Bathroom Elderly Safety (Toilet Safety)
Bathroom accidents do not just occur among the elderly. Able, young adults do fall too, so please ensure safety in the bathroom!
- If you are renovating from scratch, do use non-slip tiles with grip friction.
- Install shower curtains or shower screen (if possible) to reduce water spilling to toilet bowl area. This will keep the bathroom as dry as possible.
- Install bathroom grab bars or grab railings. Proper grab bars has friction grip handles that are non-smooth for the users to grip properly even with wet hands. This is most important as users can then move with stability when they move around, sit or stand up.
- Place non-slip rubber mats, anti-slip strips in your bathroom. Make sure the corners of these mats or strips are stuck tightly to the ground.
- Do not have non-slippery mats, rugs, clothes on the bathroom floor. A user can step on it and the mat may give way leading to a fall. This is the number 1 cause of injuries in bathroom accident.
- Clean the bathroom, toilet area often to reduce mold, soap residue, dirty patches that cause slips and falls.
- Use a shower seat designed with rough grip surface to prevent buttocks from slipping off, this allows users to sit down during shower.
- Have bright and proper lighting. Use a motion sensor light near the switch so that user can find the switch at night.
- Have a long, adjustable shower head so that the user can use with flexibility while showering seated down. More flexibility and allowances are safer!
- Get a toilet seat extension to help elderly or other users to get up or down easier.
- All users should not rush in the toilet. Take your time to prevent hasty accidents.
Bathroom and toilet accidents are one of the main reasons why elderly or children are admitted to hospital A&E (Accident & Emergency) departments.
If you are starting from scratch, do consult your renovation designer to have safety features in the bathroom. If you are unable to renovate, simple measures like installing grab bars, grab railings, putting shower seats etc will improve the safety aspects a lot.
Anti-Slip Squatty Potty Toilet Stool
For Elderly Children Patient Poop Better Ergonomically And Anatomically The Proper Posture.
- Durable, built to last
- Easy to clean
Bathroom Shower Toilet Nylon Wall Mounted Foldable Shower Seat with Backrest
- Wall mounted installation
- Nylon coated stainless steel framework
- Textured seat for anti-slip and better drainage
- Foldable seat for ease storage
Commode Chair with Wheels
- Mobile with wheels and each wheels come with brakes attached
- Comes with push handle
- With removable armrest and footrest
- Removable commode pan allows for easy cleaning
Dikalan Handicap Up-Folding Anti-Slip Grab Bar With Pole
Recommendable bathroom/ toilet use
High strength antibacterial material
Scientific & humanized design
Foldable Commode Chair
- Removable center cushion
- Removable commode pan allows for easy cleaning
- Anti slip cushion, back rest and arm rest
- Thick cushion for high level of comfort
Gilac Professionnel 2.5 Litre Capacity Plastic Medical Bedpan With Lid Cover and Handle Mobile Toilet Home Use – Convenience Urinal
- Made of Highest Quality Material Available
- Designed for general use and including a handle for easy transportation.
- Cover and handle
GLACIER Designer Hand Grip Handle Bar
- Glacier finish for a bright, clean, white look
- Corrosion-resistant construction
- Rubber grip for extra security
HappyBath Stainless Steel Folding Grab Bar
- 30-inch bathroom grab bar supports up to 300 lbs.
- Flip up design is ideal for smaller spaces
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Complies with ADA specifications
HappyBath Stainless Steel Nylon Folding Grab Bar
- A sturdy folding rail, projecting at right angles to the wall
- Large baseplate to be mounted on a sound solid wall
- The rail is held in the upright position by a spring loaded cam, and is easily folded down
- Rail is 1″ (25 mm) diameter
- Made of Stainless Steel with ABS Nylon cover for better grip
- Available sizes: 24″ and 30″ (Choose size when ordering)
Helping Handle Bathroom Bar Shower Grip Support Elderly Care
- Assists Elderly and Toddlers with Safety in Wet Area and Slippery Tub.
- Press the tab levers to securely install
- Easy to relocate and remove
- Flip the tab levers to remove it
- Can place to smooth non-porous surfaces w/ two suction cups.
- Can place into shower walls.
Security Pole & Curve Grab Bar
The Security Pole makes it easy to stand from a couch, bed, or toilet. It’s tension mounted, so you can place it anywhere in the home without any screws or bolts.
Swivel Seat Adjustable Height Shower Stool
- 360-degree swivel seat
- Tarnish resistant legs are height adjustable in 1″ increments
- Durable and corrosion proof
- Anti-slip rubber feet provide extra stability
- New pinch-free cover allows for push pins to be depressed without pinching fingers; an audible “click” will be heard when secure
TENURA Anti-Slip Sticker for Bathroom & Toilet
- Self-adhesive shaped strips/circles with unique non-slip surface
- Can be used as soon as they are applied to surface
- Does not harbor bacteria like regular bath mats; more hygienic and easy to clean
- Suitable for use on baths, shower trays, frequently wet floor and any areas that need a non-slip solution